Muhammad Najmi Bin Bohari is a Singapore-registered professional engineer (and an ASEAN Chartered PE) whose passion lies in the area of power quality. He graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Master of Science Degree in Power Engineering and a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Najmi is formerly from Quality Power Management Pte Ltd, where he led its Power Quality & Engineering Analysis Unit in conducting works like power system & power quality studies, assessment on buildings’ earthing & lightning protection system and investigations on possible causes of equipment failures or nuisance tripping issues.
Prior to that, Najmi served in SP PowerGrid’s Power Quality & Transient Management section, where he specialized in power quality investigation & analysis, voltage dip sensitivity testing and working with Customers on compliance to power quality requirements. He was also a regular speaker in SP PowerGrid’s biennial public seminar, the “Power Systems Reliability & Quality Workshop”.
In recent years, Najmi has continued to conduct numerous presentations / training in the area of power quality, both locally and regionally. His most recent presentation in the region was at the 18th Annual PQSynergy™ International Conference and Exhibition 2018 in Bangkok Thailand, where he shared his experiences in Singapore’s PQ scene over the last ten years.
Currently he runs an engineering & consulting company, Potentia Dynamics Pte Ltd. In his free time, he writes on this blog to share his views and experiences in this fascinating world of power quality.
For queries, kindly contact him.
Recent works – selected
- Third Party Consultancy Study on Power Distribution System Condition Study of a Light Rapid Transit System (Review of Load Flow and Power Quality aspects) – Singapore
- Analysis of Power Quality Data (Assessment of the quality of supply for the connection of Medical Diagnostic Equipment) – Cambodia, Philippines, Singapore
- Power Quality Assessment (LV and up to 230kV) for the Connection of Distributed Generation / Grid-Tied Solar / Energy Storage Systems – various projects, Singapore
- Harmonics Analysis & Study at a specialty chemical plant – Singapore
- Power Systems Study (Protection Discrimination Review) at a hard-disk manufacturing plant – Singapore
- Arc-Flash Study at a Test & Manufacturing Facility – Singapore
- Protection Coordination Study (HT/LT) for a High-rise Telecommunications Building – Singapore
Recent Presentations / Short Courses
- Harmonics – An Overview
- Power Quality Training (2-day course for GE Healthcare)
- Unitest Instruments Seminar on “Know Your Power Quality” – Keynote speaker
- SS601: COP for Maintenance of Grid-Tied Solar PV Power Supply System (Aspects on Local PQ requirements)
- Power Quality In Building Services – Case Studies and Examples from Singapore
- Unitest Instruments Workshop – Power Quality
- Unitest Instruments Workshop – Electrical Safety
- Singapore Institute of Technology’s Power Quality and Reliability class – Guest Lecturer